Production Supervisor - Second Shift
Elgin Fastener Group is comprised of seven domestic manufacturing companies (Holbrook Manufacturing, Ohio Rod Products, Leland Powell Fasteners, Chandler Products, Quality Bolt & Screw, Northern Wire, Telefast Industries), and a metal finishing company (Best Metal Finishing). The EFG companies provide quality engineered fastening solutions for various industrial applications. We are North America's leading provider of system-critical engineered fastening solutions, serving blue-chip wholesalers, distributors and OEM's.
The production supervisor position is responsible for supervising employees in manufacturing. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. Provides direction for all Safety, Quality, Service, Productivity and Cost Effectiveness objectives and goals of Cell or Department. He/ She ensures that the team is meeting all Customer and production needs while providing leadership for all members of the team.
- Provide leadership and direction to provide a safe operation at all times.
- Coordinate all activities of the Cell or Department including production scheduling.
- Prioritize / assign jobs, monitor variances.
- Implement skills training, order tools and supplies
- Work with employees in the areas of safety, equipment, operations, corrective action, productivity, quality and 6S housekeeping practices.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas. Offers ideas, suggestions, and improvement concepts for improving the utilization and productivity of the equipment being run.
- Manage department performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to Plant manager.
- Perform accident investigations.
- Maintain proper inventory levels.
- Manage department priorities.
- Track absenteeism; administer timekeeping and discipline.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must have least 2+ years of Fastener experience in either a Lead role or Supervisor level
- High school education or GED required, additional degree preferred
- Prior Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Performance Management.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Office software and Business systems,
- Ability to read and write, perform basic arithmetic and follow verbal and written instructions. May require limited training or knowledge in specialized area.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Wages & Bonus Potential
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with match
- Comprehensive benefit plan with Company paid life insurance, short-term & long-term disability and 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation & paid holidays and sick time benefits
Contact: Michelle Kaspar /Human Resources Manager
Holbrook Manufacturing Inc.
Headerman Operators - Multi Die
SIGN ON BONUS POTENTIAL!
The Headerman- Machine Operator will set up, adjust and operate cold forming fastener heading machines for new, special regular or experimental jobs.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate various machines within the head forming cell
- Makes minor adjustment as necessary or notify Lead person or Setup person if a more significant adjustment is required
- Maintains a clean machine and organized work area. Lubricates machines.
- Performs variety of tasks such as counting, cleaning, returning gauges and fixtures, transferring of parts
- Must have previous background with cold heading
- Experience with multi-die operation is a must
- Responsible for the working condition of machines, such as oiling machines. Make minor repairs and machine maintenance. Reports any other maintenance needs to Maintenance
- Use measuring equipment to maintain close tolerances
- Follows schedules, procedures and housekeeping practices
- Adaptable to cell and team concepts as well as cross-training
- Sees that all safety guards are in place and in good condition and follows all safety procedures
- Assists other forming operators if necessary
- Inspects work in progress using equipment necessary and outlined in Quality or work instructions. Checks visually for poor heads. Check blanks for mixed stock and for foreign products. Responsible for quality of own work
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- High school education or equivalent. Machine operator experience, preferably in the Fastener Industry
- Ability to read work orders, instruction and prints
- Demonstrated math skills and computer literacy
- Grip and grasp tools and parts; repetitive lifting of materials/parts weighing 5-10 lbs; perform machine manipulation; turning and twisting wrists and hands.
- 5:50AM-3:50 PM Monday - Thursday
- Friday & Saturday- Optional OT
- Competitive Pay and Bonus Potential Based on Company Performance and Individual Performance
Contact Michelle Kaspar /Human Resources Manager
Holbrook Manufacturing Inc.
Business Development / Inside Sales
Associated Fastening Products, Inc. is seeking a Business Development Executive to join our great team. We are a privately own corporation with over 30 years of history. AFP is a distributor of fastening products to all types of industries world-wide and we are growing at a rapid pace.
We are certified to ISO 9001:2015, and believe in continuous improvement within the Company, which in turn, makes a difference in our service to our customers. Our service makes the difference is our motto.
Our Products are but not limited to; Associated Fastening Products, Inc. is a Distributor of manufactured Cold Headed Fasteners, Screw Machine Products, Poly bagging/Hardware Kits, Metal stamping's and various Fastening Products to serve the OEM market Worldwide.
In this role, you will have responsibilities of growing the company by building a foundation of your own. You will immediately be assigned a territory with existing customers. You also be provided with immediate leads, leads throughout employment, and your own cultivation. Account building will be your focus, and most important of all, your service to your customers. Training will be provided immediately and throughout employment.
Responsibilities / Requirements for the job:
- Oversee the daily sales operations of your territory
- Track monthly results and trends for business forecasting
- Establish sales goals and metrics with Sales Manager
- Resolve customer related issues / complaints
- *Fastener Industry Knowledge and/or Experience
- *Excellent verbal, written, and customer service skills
- *Highly motivated and self sufficient
- *Strong time management and organizational skills
- *Cold calling and prospecting skills (requires confidence)
- *Microsoft and Outlook proficient
- *Previous sales skills a must (2-5 years);
- fastener sales, manufacturing knowledge/OEM sales a plus
- *Valid driver’s license
- *Salary Base (based on experience) + commission (NO CAP on commission)
- *Full Health and Dental insurance/benefits
- *401K with employer match
- *Will train continuously
- *Management and your team will support
- *We are self-starters
- *Fast paced, sales driven atmosphere
Apply here or submit a resume to Tony@associatedfastening.com. with Sales Resume in the subject line. In addition, we will require you to fill out our own internal application which will be emailed to you after receipt of resume. After review of resume, we will contact you for first phone interview appointment. To follow would be a scheduled interview in person at headquarters in Itasca, IL.